Wrapping up our three-part blog series Picking the Right Divorce Lawyer for You: 6 Tips, below are some final tips that can help people select and retain the best divorce attorney to oversee their upcoming divorce case.
Additional Tips for Picking the Right Divorce Lawyer…
Tip 5 – Meet the lawyer for an initial consultation.
At this stage of picking the right divorce lawyer for you, you should have a list of a few options to consider. This is a good time to meet with each of your candidates for a free initial consultation. While attending an initial consultation can provide you with some clear answers about your best options for moving forward with your divorce case, it also opens up an opportunity for you to essentially:
- Interview an attorney.
- Decide if you feel comfortable with that attorney.
- Figure out if you can trust the attorney to handle your divorce case.
To get the most out of these meetings, it’s typically a good idea to think about (or possibly even write down) the questions you want to ask a lawyer ahead of time. Helpful questions can include the following:
- How long have you been focused on handling divorce cases?
- If I move forward with you, will you oversee my divorce or will it be handed off to an associated or colleague?
- What are your fees?
- How often are you able to successfully resolve divorce cases? How do you measure this success?
- What makes you the best choice to handle my divorce case?
Tip 6 – Trust your instincts.
Meeting with your options for divorce lawyers can give you some real insight into an attorney’s personality, professionalism and communication skills – all of which will be important if that attorney will be representing you in your upcoming divorce case. Therefore, after you attend initial consultations, think about which attorney put you most at ease while giving you the most confidence about his or her abilities to successfully resolve your divorce.
If one or more attorneys gave you some type of uncertain, uneasy or bad feeling, trust your instincts and avoid this option. Ultimately, picking the right divorce lawyer for you should come down to selecting an experienced, qualified individual with a track record of success and with the ability to put you at ease while giving you confidence about moving forward with your divorce.
Denver Divorce Lawyers at Goldman Law, LLC
If you are going through a divorce or dealing with any matter related to family law, the trusted Denver divorce attorneys at Goldman Law, LLC are ready to:
- Stand up for your rights
- Provide you with personalized attention and regular updates throughout the course of a case
- Give you honest answers about your best options at every phase of the case
- Help you resolve your case as favorably as possible.
To learn more about your rights and receive a professional case evaluation, contact us by calling (303) 656-9529 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page. From our offices in Denver, we serve clients throughout Colorado.