Contested divorces generally occur when factors like high financial stakes or other complicated issues prevent the partners of a marriage from being able to come to an agreement about various elements of the dissolution of the marriage.
With these types of cases:
- The proceedings are usually very contentious.
- A hearing (known as a Permanent Orders Hearing) will occur and will be overseen by a judge to bring the contested divorce to a resolution.
- How divorcing partners prepare for this hearing will be pivotal to the outcome of the case.
At Goldman Law, LLC, our Denver divorce lawyers are skilled representing people who are embroiled in contested divorces in Colorado. At every stage of these complex cases, we will be ready to advocate our clients’ interests, present a strong case and stand up to the opposing side to ensure that our clients are about to obtain the best possible resolutions to their contested divorce cases.
Hearings in Contested Divorce Cases in Colorado
A hearing for contested divorce cases will involve presenting various evidence and testimony before a family court judge in order to make a case for the judge to hand down a favorable ruling for a particular person on issues like:
- Child custody and/or child support payments
- The division of marital assets and/or debt
- The use or access to various property
- Spousal support payments.
To make a case in these hearings, the following are just some of the possible issues and factors that may come into play:
- Experts like, for example, psychologists or psychiatrists may be retained to testify on behalf of issues like the mental stability of either partner.
- Relatives, friends and other types of character witnesses may be called to testify on behalf of the credibility of a particular individual.
- Financial records may be scrutinized in court, particularly if there are allegations that certain assets have not been disclosed.
- Issues like alleged infidelities or other misconduct during the marriage may be brought to light to try to discredit one of the parties in the divorce.
Given that contested divorce cases are inherently contentious and that they tend to endure for some time, having an experienced divorce lawyer on your side will be critical to presenting the strongest possible case and obtaining the best possible outcome to the contested divorce.
You Can Count on the Denver Divorce Lawyers at Goldman Law, LLC
If you are going through a bitter or disputed divorce in Colorado, you can trust your case in the hands of the experienced Denver divorce attorneys at Goldman Law, LLC.
At Goldman Law, LLC, we know how distressing and complicated contested divorce cases can be, and we also know how to fight for our clients’ and advance their interests in any legal setting. In addition to providing aggressive, superior representation when it comes to facing the opposing parties in a given case, our Denver divorce lawyers also can be counted on to provide each of our clients with personalized attention and regular updates throughout the course of a case.
Keeping our clients informed, answering their questions and advising them of their best options are just some of the things our Denver divorce attorneys can be relied upon to do when people entrust him with their important legal matters. What our clients can also trust when they choose to work with Goldman Law, LLC is that they will be able to resolve their case as beneficially and efficiently as possible so they can focus on their future.
To learn more about how we can assist you in a contested divorce in Colorado, contact us by calling (303) 656-9529 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.
From our offices in Denver, we serve clients throughout Colorado.