When a married couple makes the decision to move forward with a divorce, tensions can run high, especially when the impending divorce may involve children, disputes over property and/or allegations of infidelity. In fact, even when divorcing couples may have a friendly relationship prior to the legal proceedings, it’s quite possible for the divorce to quickly turn ugly as some of the most important and sensitive matters of their lives become central aspects of the divorce.
In such cases, having one of the experienced Denver divorce attorneys at Goldman Law, LLC representing you can be crucial to:
- Defending your rights and interests in the divorce
- Minimizing the chances that the case will be dragged out for months (or possibly longer), which could end up costing you a significant amount of money, as well as stress and emotional trauma
- Obtaining the best possible resolution to the case.
Colorado “No Fault” Divorce
Colorado is a “no fault” divorce state, which effectively means that:
- The only grounds for divorce in the state is an “irretrievable breakdown” of the marriage (in other words, there is no possibility of reconciliation between the spouses in the marriage).
- Whether infidelity or other transgressions have been a factor in the breakdown of the marriage will not matter when it comes to dividing up the marital assets, determining spousal support, etc.
In addition to providing for “no fault” divorce, Colorado divorce laws also:
- Have specific residency requirements, mandating that at least one of the spouses has lived in the state for at least 90 days prior to filing for divorce in Colorado
- Generally protect property that one spouse had prior to the marriage from being divided in the divorce (in other words, certain property may not be considered to be marital property and may not be subject to division in the divorce if certain conditions apply).
Our Divorce Practice
At Goldman Law, LLC, some of the specific issues and types of divorce cases we are experienced at overseeing include (but are not limited to) those that involve:
- Legal separations
- Pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements
- Spousal support
- Child support and/or child custody issues
- High net-worth couples
- Restraining orders and/or allegations of domestic violence.
Denver Divorce Lawyers at Goldman Law, LLC
If you are going through a divorce or dealing with any matter related to family law, the trusted Denver divorce attorneys at Goldman Law, LLC are ready to stand up for your rights and help you resolve your case as favorably as possible. At Goldman Law, LLC, we know how contentious and distressing divorce can be, and we also know how to fight for our clients’ in any legal setting.
In addition to providing aggressive, superior representation when it comes to facing the opposing side in the case, our Denver divorce lawyers also can be counted on to provide each of our clients with:
- Personalized attention
- Regular updates throughout the course of a case
- Honest answers about their best options at every phase of the case.
When you choose to work with Goldman Law, LLC, you can be assured that your case will be resolved as beneficially and efficiently as possible so you can focus on the future.
To learn more about your rights and receive a professional case evaluation, contact us by calling (303) 656-9529 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page. From our offices in Denver, we serve clients throughout Colorado.